Request to Reissue Summons

Last Updated: February 7, 2012

Use this event if you are representing the plaintiff and if you were not able to get the initial summons served within the 7 day time frame, or if you have filed an amended complaint and would like to have the summons reissued.  The clerk's office will only initiate the reissuing of the summons in cases where the amended complaint adds another defendant.  All other requests to reissue the summons must be made by entering this event. No pdf required. This is a text entry.

To File Electronically:

  1. Log into CM/ECF.

  2. Select [Adversary  > Complaint & Summons].

  3. Enter the adversary case number (e.g, xx-xxxxx).

  4. Select [Request to Reissue Summons] from the event list.

  5. Click [Next]

  6. Select the party to be served and click [Next].  
    If you need to select more than one name, hold down your Ctrl key and select each name.

  7. Modify the text as appropriate.

  8. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click [Next] to submit your document(s).

    The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.




    11 U.S.C.: