Amended Petition

Last Updated: April 30, 2009

A Voluntary Petition may need to be amended due to incorrect spelling of names, incorrect last four digits of social security number(s), county of residence, or other incorrect information contained in the voluntary petition pages at the time of filing.

Note:  Do NOT file Amended Statement of Social Security Number or Notice of Correction of Social Security Number unless SSN is redacted. Mail to the Court the Amended Statement or Notice of Correction with full social security numbers listed.

See also Amendment Cover Sheet

To File Electronically:

  1. Log into CM/ECF.

  2. Select [Bankruptcy >  Misc/Other].

  3. Enter the case number (e.g, xx-xxxxx).

  4. Select [Amended Schedules] from the event list.

    Note: Petition must contain redacted SSN.  Do NOT file Amended Statement of Social Security Number; mail it conventionally to the Court.  

  5. Skip the Joint Filing screen.

  6. Select the party filer.

  7. Browse to select the Amended Petition (pdf file).

  8. Bypass screen for Amended Summary of Schedules; click  [Next]

  9. Select Voluntary Petition from list.

  10. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click [Next] to submit your document(s).

    Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately emailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.




11 U.S.C.:

Local Rule 1009-1 and 1015-1