Initial Statement About an Eviction Judgment Against You

Last Updated: December 1, 2015

File Initial Statement About an Eviction Judgment Against You (Official Form 101A) with the court and serve a copy on your landlord when you first file bankruptcy only if:

  1. You rent your residence; and

  2. Your landlord has obtained a judgment for possession in an eviction, unlawful detainer action, or similar proceeding (called eviction judgment) against you to possess your residence. 

Filing Requirements:

To File Electronically:

  1. Log into CM/ECF.

  2. Select [Bankruptcy >  Misc/Other].

  3. Enter the case number (e.g, xx-xxxxx).

  4. Select [Initial Statement of Eviction Judgment] from the event list.

  5. Skip the Joint Filing screen.

  6. Select the party filer.

  7. Browse to select the document (pdf file).

  8. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click [Next] to submit your document(s).

    Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.




11 U.S.C.: