Answer (Involuntary Petition)

Last Updated:  January 15, 2016

Filing Requirements:

  • Answer to Involuntary Petition

  • Proof of Service

To File Electronically:

  1. Log into CM/ECF.

  2. Select [Bankruptcy>Answer/Objection>Complaint, 3rd, cross, counter].

  3. Enter the case number (e.g, xx-xxxxx) and click [Next].

  4. Select [Involuntary Answer].

  5. Skip the Joint Filing screen.

  6. Select the party filer.  If the party is not listed, click on Add/Create New Party.

    Note:  The Attorney/Party Association screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association.

  7. Browse to select the Answer to Involuntary Petition (.pdf file).

  8. Modify the text as appropriate.

  9. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click [Next] to submit your document(s).

    Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.






    11 U.S.C.: