Motion by Debtor to Delay Discharge

Last Updated: July 20, 2010

Note: If filed by an interested party, refer to instructions for Motion to Extend Deadline to Object to Discharge.

Filing Requirements:

  • Motion to Delay Discharge (motion should contain specific date to delay discharge until).

  • No Notice required.

  • Proof of Service on interested parties.

  • Court to enter text order.

To File Electronically:

  1. Log into CM/ECF.

  2. Select [Bankruptcy >  Motions/Applications].

  3. Enter the case number (e.g, xx-xxxxx).

  4. Select [Delay Discharge] from the event list.

  5. Skip the Joint Filing screen.

  6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, click on Add/Create New Party

    Note: The Attorney/Party Association screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association.

  7. Enter a "y or n" if proof of service is included with the motion.

    Note:  The Motion and Proof of Service may be a single PDF; or the supporting documents, and Proof of Service may be added as attachments to this document. The Motion must be the first document in your PDF.

  8. Enter reason for delay in text box.

  9. Browse to select the Motion (pdf file).

  10. Modify text as appropriate.  

  11. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click [Next] to submit your document(s).

    Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.






          FRBP:  4004(c)(2)


          Local Rule 2002-1(E)