Motion for Refund of Filing Fee

Last Updated:  December 15, 2015

Filing Requirements:

  • Motion for Refund of Filing Fee

  • Notice of Motion with 14 day objection period. Notice is sent to interested parties.

  • Proof of Service

  • Proposed Order  Instructions.

Step-by-Step Procedures:

  1. Log into CM/ECF.

  2. Select [Bankruptcy >  Motions/Applications].

  3. Enter the case number (e.g, xx-xxxxx).

  4. Select [Refund Filing Fee] from the event list.

  5. Skip the Joint Filing screen

  6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, (e.g., Creditors' Committee), click on Add/Create New Party.

    Note:  The Attorney/Party Association screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association.

  7. Enter a "y or n" if the notice and proof of service are included with the motion.

    Note:  The Motion, Notice of Motion, and Proof of Service may be a single PDF; or the Notice, supporting documents, and Proof of Service may be added as attachments to this document. The Motion must be the first document in your PDF.

  8. Enter date served.

  9. Enter Reason for Request.

  10. Refer to existing motion/document as appropriate.

  11. Browse to select the Motion (.pdf file).

  12. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click [Next] to submit your document(s).

    Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately emailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.

  13. Submit Proposed Order. Instructions





    11 U.S.C.: