Objections to Motions/Applications (main case)

Last Updated: November 14, 2014

To File Electronically:

  1. Log into CM/ECF.

  2. Select [Bankruptcy>Answer /Response/Objection].

  3. Select [Reference an Existing motion/application].

  4. Enter the case number (e.g, xx-xxxxx).

  5. Choose:  [Objection],  [Reply], [Reply of No Objection (text entry)] or [Response] from the drop-down list.

    :  If you are filing an objection to a Chapter 11/12/13 Plan, select [Bankruptcy>Plan> Objection to Confirmation of Plan]. If you are filing an objection to the Disclosure Statement, select [Bankruptcy>Plan>Objection to Disclosure Statement].

  6. Skip the Joint Filing screen.

  7. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, click on Add/Create New Party.

    Note:  The Attorney/Party Association screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association.

  8. Does this objection include the certificate of service "y" or "n" and click [Next].

  9. Browse to select the Objection (.pdf file).

    Note:  The Objection and Proof of Service may be a single PDF; or the supporting documents, and Proof of Service may be added as attachments to this document. The Objection must be the first document in your PDF.

  10. Refer to the Motion/Application.

  11. Modify the text as appropriate.

  12. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click [Next] to submit your document(s).

    Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.





11 U.S.C.: