Motion to Continue Hearing/Continue Trial

Last Updated: April 2, 2013

Request to continue hearing/trial within 24 hours of the hearing: Call calendar clerk at 701-297-7100.

See also Adversary Proceeding Motion to Continue Trial/Hearing.

Filing Requirements:

  • Motion to Continue Hearing.
    (Motion is sent to interested parties; parties that are not electronic filing users -- See Local Rule 5071-1).

  • Proof of Service (if applicable).

  • No proposed order necessary.

Important Note:  If filing document in Bankruptcy Case, use Bankruptcy Case Number.  If filing document in Adversary Proceeding, use Adversary Case Number.

to file electronically:

  1. Log into CM/ECF.

  2. Select [Bankruptcy >  Motions/Applications] or [Adversary > Motion]

  3. Enter the case number (e.g, xx-xxxxx).

  4. Select [Continue Hearing or Continue Trial] from the event list.

  5. Skip the Joint Filing screen if you are the only party filing this motion. If this is a joint filing, check the box.

  6. Select the party filer.

  7. Browse to select the Motion (.pdf file).

    Note:  The Motion and Proof of Service may be a single PDF; or Proof of Service may be added as attachments to this document. The Motion must be the first document in your PDF.

  8. Refer to the appropriate event(s) to which your event relates (i.e. Motion to be continued or Complaint for trial)

  9. Modify the text as appropriate.

  10. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click [Next] to submit your document(s).

    Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.






      11 U.S.C.:


      FRBP: 4001(c)


      Local Rule 2002-1

      Local Rule 5071-1

      Local Rule 7007-1